Saturday, June 30, 2007

GB Visits the Big Apple

No, it's not what you're thinking - this is the other Big Apple - in Berwick, Canada. Berwick (not pronounced Bear-wick as any logical person would presume) lies in Nova Scotia's Annapolis Valley and is the province's self-acclaimed Apple Capital. Broadway may have glamour and glitz but Berwick has:

* The Apple Capital Museum
* The Apple Blossom Festival

* The Apple Blossom Princess
* The Apple Blossom Princess Wardrobe Tea
* The Old-Time Apple Festival, and of course,
* The Big Apple (as pictured to the left with me).


That's
Kathryn Elizabeth Cleveland - Queen Annapolisa LXXV - the Apple Blossom Princess to the right. She declined to have her photo taken with me - or so her bodyguards told me - but isn't she a hottie?

My minimalist chic grey flannel fur looks particularly stunning against the crimson red of the Big Apple, don't you think? And my brown eyes pick up the brown in the apple's stem too.

But I digress.

Anyway, I could go on and on about Berwick and how it deserves the moniker Big Apple far more than New York but, really, that would just be comparing apples to oranges.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent photo of you and the giant apple GB!

Me and my camera said...

Berwick?

Everyone knows the ~real~ Big Apple is near Coburg on the 401 between Toronto and Belleville...

Still, lovely pic!

Me and my camera said...

Sorry. To those of you who immediately jumped in your cars to drive to see the Big Apple in Coburg, I'm afraid I mislead you.

As I'm sure most of you already know (I'm surprised there haven't been dozens of disparaging comments aimed at me), Ontario's Big Apple is in ~Colborne~ Ontario - although that is in fact between Belleville and Toronto:

http://www.roadsideattractions.ca/apple.htm

I hang my head in abject shame. I lay prostrate before you all (metaphorically speaking, of course) as a symbol of that shame...